Thursday, January 12, 2017

Now I’m Ready to Post

I’ve been giving a lot of thought to what I’m doing, and how I’m doing it. Don’t
get me wrong, what I did over the holidays with pricing and postage was great if
you were a buyer, however, nobody bought.

I still like the idea of my own store, but maybe I’m not ready for that. Not yet. I
need to sell my picks, but as an individual I may have been too ambitious with this
semi-invisible platform. I also ran out of ad money, right when I needed it the
most. Family needs got in the way of my business needs, at times, but that’s
something I’ll just have to deal with. Now the solutions.

Etsy.com seems to dominate each item I research for quality and price. Google an
item, hit shopping or view images, and the Etsy name stands out above the others.
That’s where I’ll go to get my start. Etsy offers many advantages over Amazon or
Ebay, particularly when dealing with vintage items, or items geared to home
decor. Many sellers offer exchanges or refunds, and many do not. They, like me,
insist all sales are final. The buyers there accept that. That’s good.

Quality seems to be an issue with many buyers. That’s a given. Any and all flaws
in a product must be listed for any potential buyer. In other words, more details are
needed. More pictures, and I’m doing video. I see no reason not to showcase each
pick in a few minutes of video on YouTube.

But, hang on, I’m not up and running yet. In fact, I should stop blogging my plans,
and blog what I got done. List what I managed to accomplish each day, or from
week to week.

Yes, I do talk about things, and then get distracted, and sometimes I forget where
I’m headed. Some of that is due to the meds I take. Realizing this, I decided to
make my lists a mainstay. My To Do list, and my Done list.

I do this for the stories I write, and it helps keep me on target. Now to get this
effort back on track.This site allows others to learn from my mistakes, so I’ll keep
blogging. Why not share what I learn.

The only real thing that surprised me? Zero people took me up on Love Dark. It’s
still available over at Wattpad, and you can still read it for free, registered member
or not. The only thing a registered member can do that a non-registered member
can’t, is comment and/or vote.

I’m almost finished with part four of The Courtesan, so I’ll change the price on
part one, and offer it for free. Right now that serial story seems to be the only thing
working for me.


Enough for now. I got things to do.

If you see something you like, it’s first come first served. I only have one of each.
Read my policies page, sign up to my newsletter, look over my products, and buy
something you love. If not you, someone else will beat you to it.

And don’t hesitate to read a sample of my many books, and actually buy the book
that interests you. It’s the only way to find out how the story ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment