Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Ch-ch-ch-Changes

In less than a week I’ll have been up and running for a month, seriously up and
running, and I had to make a few modifications.

I decided not to do international sales and shipping until I know exactly what it is
I’ll be getting into. A lot of that decision has to do with product weight verses
postage paid. A flat fee, at this time, would probably work against my better
interests.

I took the time to change the store’s shipping rules, and modified my policy pages.
All my product descriptions have been modified to reflect these changes. No
international sales or shipping at this time.

Shipping within the continental US will still be free. That I can do safely without
breaking the budget.

Prices: I’m not out of line with my prices, considering my quality. That much I’m
sure of. Still . . . I’ve decided to lower some of my prices ($5 to $10), but not on
all my products. The idea is to be the best overall value compared to others out
there who may have similar items. Give people more incentive to buy from me.

Take the post-war Japanese tea set. There is another online, and by the time the
shipping and handling is taken into consideration, the customer would be paying
about $165 USD, compared to my $145 (here it is) rate. I could have safely priced
the set at $155, and still saved my potential buyer money, but would the average
customer take the time to research and compare the two identical tea sets? And if
you did, you would find I still have the better value, even if I was priced the same.
Oh, the difference one cup can make.

My Project Wonderful ad will only be seen in the US, and not the world over. I’m
still trying to figure out my overall settings. I’m hoping the concentrated effort
will attract more click-throughs. As of this morning I gathered 16,000 impressions,
or, my ad was seen 16,000 times. The click-through rate is dismal, but that’s still
not the issue. Not yet. Six months from now that might be more of an issue.

If you see something you like, it’s first come first served. I only have one of each.
Read my policies page, sign up to my newsletter, look over the products and buy
something you love. If not you, someone else will beat you to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment