Friday, September 23, 2016

Monetizing Me!

Not as easy as I would like it to be. Turns out I’m NOW too new a blog to qualify
for Google Adsense, but I’m not worried about that. The idea is content and
traffic. I can do both. I’m developing a skyscraper ad for Rip’s Picks to run on
ProjectWonderful, and I have enough funds to get one campaign started.

ProjectWonderful.com, if you go there and read what they’re about, they explain
how advertisers get the best deals, and how publishers make the most money.
Well, you can get a lot of impressions for yourself, or your ad, and a lot of clicks
on your ad (those impressions), but it still doesn’t mean people will buy what
you’re offering. BTW, my last PW campaign cost me less than a dollar a day.

And, that’s not the point. The point is: You get seen, and the curious look at your
stuff. If they see something they like and they buy, that’s as good as it gets. The
definition of low-cost advertising in its truest form.

I’m a store, not a service.

One of the things I discovered is: to make money with ProjectWonderful ads,
you’re allowed three of their ads to place on your site (per one campaign). You can
choose three ads of different sizes (banner, skyscraper, block), and one of each
size is fine, or maybe two block ads and one skyscraper ad is fine. You decide
what you want. One, two, or three ads, of whatever size fits your site’s look.

Your overall traffic is the determining factor when it comes to how much you can
earn per day, per ad, placed on your site. A hundred or more hits each day gets that
money-ball rolling. I can easily see myself with 3000 to 5000 hits per month, or
more.

I’ll do what I can to drive traffic toward my stuff, I’ll blog family friendly and
provide worthwhile content, I can and will step up to Google Adsense, along with
ProjectWonderful.

Next post will be about building my ad, and placing my ad, and getting their ads
running in the sidebar. I’ll also talk about becoming a ProjectWonderful affiliate.

In the meantime . . .

. . . I got the photos worked up for another batch of products, so all I need to do is
spend the rest of this day on the measurements and description, researching
possible prices, and go from there.


If you see something you like, it’s first come first served. I only have one of each.
Read my policies page, sign up to my newsletter, look over the products and buy
something you love. If not you, someone else will beat you to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment